CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our New Pet... Ok not really

This Praying Mantis was out to get us one day. I was watering the horses when Hans yelled Mom there is a huge bug on Dane. I looked and sure enough there was this Praying Mantis on Dane's Back. Of course Dane started screaming, crying, and running around in circles, but I was on the other side of the fence and couldn't help him. Finally he got it off. Dane was hysterical. I had to run around the fence and calm him down. I explained to Hans and Dane that it was just a bug and that they didn't have to be scared of him. Then we went back into the house. About 10 min. later I was making lunch and had my back turned to Hans. Hans yelled, "Mom the Praying Mantis is on your back." Of course I started yelling and jumping around trying to get him off. After a long battle he fell to the ground and I was victorious. Then Hans reminded me that he was just a bug and that I shouldn't be so scared. It seems like I have to eat my own words alot with a 4 year old.

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

That is so great! I would have totally been screaming my head off as well.....and needed my Mom to calm me dowm!

Misty said...

So cute - not discounting the horror you might have felt having a praying mantis on your back! Good thing your son reminded you that it was just a bug!

Jess said...

Haha.. that is so funny! Atleast you know that your kids are listening when you teach them something!..