CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

My deer!



I did not draw out this year, but our neighbor gave me one of his permits to shoot a doe on his land. So we walked across the street and waited in the alfalfa fields until a deer popped up on top of a hill and I shot it at about 160 yards. It was the coolest thing ever. I was kind of nervous about shooting bambi, but I was able to do it.
Christian was pretty proud that his wife could get a deer and he was nice enough to gut it for me. What a guy!







3 comments:

Fyfe Family said...

That is so cool! I'm proud of you, I bet that was such a rush!

Misty said...

Wow! I don't know if I would've been able to do it, but I LOVE deer jerky!

cwilson said...

Welcome back Hollie! It's nice to see what you've been up too. I have to say...You're deer looks gross...but good job! You are the perfect mom for two boys!